Sunday, August 7, 2016

i like my choices

I've always wanted to be that person who was really good at keeping a journal or having an updated blog. I am most definitely not one of those people. 

I've been thinking a lot about choices. Pretty simple I guess. We make choices every single day. From what do I want for breakfast to am I going to study for my test or go to McDonald's. Whether big or small, our choices define us.

Jim Rohn said,  “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”

Coming home from a mission is kind of hard and these past 7 months I feel like I've been faced with a lot of scary and exciting choices. It feels overwhelming sometimes. Luckily I have more than five really cool people I get to spend a lot of time with and if I'm the average of them, then yeah I like my choices.

I'm grateful for those people who have been there for me non stop.
I'm grateful that I can pillow talk with Carly for hours.
I'm grateful I can call Megan and know she'll listen to me rant.
I'm grateful for my cute roommates that leave me notes on the mirror
I'm grateful for my adorable family. We don't always see eye to eye but Heaven knows we can't live without each other
I'm grateful for mission friends who became my best friends
But mostly I'm grateful for my very best friend, my Savior.

He helps me make the best choices. He knows what's right for me and what I need when I can't see that for myself. His way is THE way to eternal happiness. I'm so far from perfect, but I'm trying to figure it out.

Life is full of choices. So I'll go on making them minute by minute. Hour by hour. Day by day. Month by month. And year by year.

So if what Jim Rohn said is true, well then, I like my choices.












No comments:

Post a Comment